WE DISPATCH AT 9:30 A.M. EACH MORNING.
All applicants must sign the day book in person or call in to receive a call
SIGN-IN TIME: ALL DAY
Amarillo, Lubbock, & Midland
OFFICE HOURS ARE FROM 8:00 A.M. -- 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday (Please call to make sure someone is in the Lubbock or Midland office.
- No one shall be allowed to sign their proper book without confirmation of termination
from their last employer.
2. All calls for manpower shall be offered to the people signed to the available-for-work-list.
All calls for a given day shall be posted on the recorder and web page that evening. To find the
listing of calls, if there are any, call the recorder number in Amarillo (806) 376 4143 or
(806) 376-9945 Ext. 7 or look on the web site (www.ibew602.org) under Jobs between 5:00pm
- It will be the responsibility of the member to call the Amarillo Hall at (806) 376-9945 / (806) 376-4143
or the Lubbock Hall at (806) 744-4062 or the Midland Hall at (432) 563-0581 between the hours of 8:30am
and 9:30am the next morning, leave your name and telephone number and which calls you would like with the
dispatcher (you must talk with the Dispatcher in person) and your name will be marked down on the Day
Book. To find out if you received the call, call back immediately after 9:30am (if busy continue to call back
till you get through). If you are the low person on the Book and you do not call back immediately
after 9:30am or if you claim the call and do not pick up your referral by 9:30am the next day, unless
arrangements have been made with the Business Manager, your name will be removed from
- Being unavailable for referral when work would have been offered to the registrant shall be
considered a turndown; rejection of the applicant by the employer is not a turn down. Calls
outside the individuals' geographic jurisdiction will not be considered a turn down.
- Registrants will be allowed two turndowns without penalty and will be rolled completely off
the books for a third turn down, unless employed by a signatory employer outside your home
local's jurisdiction. You must re-register in person after being rolled off.
6. The Business Manager is responsible to fill calls in a timely manner as needed by the employers.
This means in an emergency, referrals may have to be made outside normal hours using whatever
means are available to fill calls and place registrants.
7. Sign-in and re-sign procedure. Your original sign-in has to be made in person during business hours
(8:00am to 5:00pm), Monday through Friday at 200 S. Fannin in Amarillo or 405-50th Street in
Lubbock, or 10021 Liberator Lane in Midland. You can resign by mail, it must be postmarked no later
than the 15th of each month and mailed to the Union Hall at one of the address above to retain your
place on the Book. You may also resign by e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or
email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, card number and date when re-signing between the
10th and the 16th of each month. You may also call the Hall during normal business hours or leave a
message on the night-line between the 10th and the 16th of each month..
Failure to send in your re-sign postmarked by the 15th of the month or to re-sign by e-mail or by phone
between the 10th and 16th of the month will result in your name being removed from the
AVAILABLE-FOR-WORK-LIST. The AVAILABLE-FOR-WORK-LIST will be purged the
Monday following the 16th of each month.
A short call will last no more than 14 (fourteen) calendar days. The calls will be offered by the
same procedures as a regular call. You will not lose your place on the Regular Call Book if you
take a Short-Call. The Business Manager may extend a Short-Call at his discretion.